Wednesday, August 24, 2011

23 Things 2.0 Learning Thing 3-What is My Brand

On the first page of a Google search, 4 of the first 10 searches are about me.  I would be okay with the things that are out there if someone was wanting to learn about me. First was my Twitter account, then my Facebook page, then my Bio on my school’s website, and last is my Library Thing account. I am very cautious about what I post, especially on Twitter and Facebook, because there are students who have access to view my account, so there is a fine line to walk.  I don’t post offensive comments, I don’t put myself at risk with pictures on Facebook, and I’ve never had to remove a picture or a tag of a picture of myself that someone has posted of me on Facebook. I take that to heart and am very serious about taking care of myself on the Internet.

I do need to update my bio on our school website.  One thing I did read about that I would like to do with some of my social networking sites is come up with some sort of picture that reflected my personality. I am thinking about asking my friends on Facebook for suggestions (I really liked the idea of having an emblem like the penguin idea on the page, but a penguin doesn’t fit my persona). There’s something for me to work on!

No comments: